[j-nsp] EX 3200 - no arp entries after power failure

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Feb 9 01:23:15 EST 2010

> From: Bill Blackford <BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us>
> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:46:31 -0800
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> I hope I'm not hijacking this thread.
>
> I notice on the Juniper site that the current recommended is 10.0S1.1
> with no MD5SUM. I have 9.3S1.6 in production on a large portion of my
> rack switches. For devices doing routing, I have a 9.5R2.7 as I needed
> some features not implemented in 9.3. I can't find a link for
> 9.5SR2. I can only assume Juniper removes the current recommended
> service release when a newer one is available.
>
> Is there a link that shows all of the "S" releases along with
> checksums? Is anyone running 10.0S1.1?

'S' releases are "service releases" for E-EOL versions of JunOS. 9.3 and
10.0 (and, I think 8.5) are E-EOL. The service releases are only
available by opening a ticket with JTAC. Oddly, they don't seem to
replace older SRs with the newer one as we were initially offered S4 to
fix one bug, but S7 fixed another, less critical, but of longer
standing.

I assume that all service releases are still available from JTAC unless
they have been pulled because of serious vulnerabilities. JTAC provided
checksums for 9.3S7.2.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)