[j-nsp] J2320 as BGP router

Niels Raijer niels at fusix.nl
Thu Feb 18 11:09:15 EST 2010

Op 18 feb 2010, om 16:40 heeft Tore Anderson het volgende geschreven:

>> Correct, a J2320 can have 2 GB of RAM:
>
> Did you upgrade it to 2 GB yourself?  If so, it would be great if you
> could share which RAM manufacturer and part number you used.

Yes, we upgraded the RAM ourselves, for obvious reasons ;-)

The web shop we ordered it from (a generic PC parts web shop) had the following description on the order:

Product : Corsair Value Select - Memory - 512 MB - DIMM 184-pins -
DDR - 400 MHz / PC3200 - CL2.5 - non-buffered - non-ECC

Note that our network, although we have our own AS, we are a RIPE NCC member etc., is that of a hobby club -- we do not have an SLA to offer to our members. We have excellent experience with the J2320 used as full BGP routers with multiple transits but if you interpret any of my words as advice, please be sure to take into account that we do not run a commercial network on them.

--
Niels Raijer
niels at fusix.nl
http://fusix.nl