[j-nsp] J2320 as BGP router

Niels Raijer niels at fusix.nl
Thu Feb 18 15:38:28 EST 2010

Op 18 feb 2010, om 17:13 heeft Morten Isaksen het volgende geschreven:

> This looks a lot like the setup I am builing. I think you convinced me
> to go with the J2320.
>
> What version of the OS are you running?

9.3R4.4. To paraphrase a regular here: the last real JUNOS for J-series, before the flow-based ones. Newer versions will run too (I've installed 10.something to see if it worked at all) but flow-based stuff gives me the creeps for this purpose.

> Any problems with ipv6 on the router?

None whatsoever. Runs absolutely fine with multiple full IPv6 tables. There may still be an IPv6 license for sale, but it is not needed to run IPv6 on the router (it is probably needed to get *supported* IPv6 to run on the router though). We use IS-IS as the IPv6 IGP which works fine too.

The only thing that doesn't work, as has been reported here a few times by now, is route reflector capability. We tried it once, but it just doesn't work without the license. So we use OpenBGPD for that now :-)

--
Niels Raijer
niels at fusix.nl
http://fusix.nl