[j-nsp] EX4200 vs. C4948

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Tue Feb 23 18:31:20 EST 2010

Don't forget dual power supply in the box.  Thats nice.

10.0r3 is coming and we will be moving all of our EXs to it when it arrives.

As far as egress policing, it isn't there today.  However, you could configure a port-level or queue-level shaping-rate.  You could then change the default transmit-rate (or buffer-size) parameter for the best effort queue to 0 percent.  This would effectively accomplish the same thing as policing, I think.

Unless you are marking traffic egress based on egress utilization, then I don't think there is a way to accomplish that.