[j-nsp] EX-4200 Commit Problem

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sun Feb 28 06:55:35 EST 2010

* Walaa Abdel razzak

> After making password recovery for EX-4200 24SFP switch, I made some
> config and committed the configuration, but suddenly I got some
> problem
> with commit command and I get the following message without commit
> execution:
>
> configuration check succeeds
>
> error: error copying files
> (/config/juniper.conf.3.gz->/var/db/config/juniper.conf.4.gz): No
> such
> file or directory
>
> error: rotation of old files failed

I've see file system corruption and vanishing directories following
software upgrades on the EX.  Check that /var/db/config exists and
is a directory, and create it if not.

When this happened to me I just did a full reinstall from scratch,
to make sure there weren't any other latent file system problems
that would cause trouble later.  Better safe than sorry.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/