[j-nsp] E3 to STM1 demultiplexering

Arda Balkanay ardabalkanay at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:25:01 EST 2010

my 2 euro cents :
if you connect three channelized E3 to RAD Optimux155-3 and Juniper
channelized STM1 interface via multiplexer, you can only use 48 channels out
of 63 because of 16 channels at each E3 (PDH). It is not an efficient way
(since price of a Juniper PIC is much higher than the multiplexer).
Thats why you might want to use Optimux-34 to demultiplex E3s into E1s. and
Otimux 155-1 to multiplex E1s into STM1 to fully populate channelized
interface at Juniper side... (I'd prefer using SDHs instead of Optimux155-1)

Arda