[j-nsp] KRT Queue issue (was: Re: bfd = busted failure detection :)

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Thu Jan 7 12:35:18 EST 2010

David,

On 07.01.10 18:31, David Ball wrote:
>   GRES with NSR, yes.  Apparently the stalling has to do with the
> master RE not receiving 'ok' from backup RE when it says it has an
> update.  It won't install the new route to the forwarding table until
> the 'ok' is received from the backup, or similar, based on ATAC's
ah, yes, that's what I was thinking about with NSR.

> information.  At any rate, running core dumps went fine last night,
> but entire box reset (including SIBs) when GRES and NSR were
> deactivated (deactivating/reactivating was supposed to flush the
> queue....the outage was obviously not anticipated).

Ouch. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the bottom soon.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend