[j-nsp] JUNOS vulnerability with malformed TCP packets

Darrell Root darrellroot at mac.com
Thu Jan 7 12:44:45 EST 2010

> Anyone know why some issues identified as early as January 2009 are only
> being "released" now almost a year later?  Just curious on some of these
> security alerts and timeframe...

If Juniper finds a security DDOS vulnerability, and it's not general knowledge,
I'd prefer them to integrate the fix into their code without an announcement.  That way,
by the time the hackers find out about the vulnerability, the fix may have already been
deployed to many of our affected routers.

In this case that saved me a crash upgrade project.  By the time it was announced
I already had the fixed code on my JunOS boxes.

Darrell