[j-nsp] JUNOS vulnerability with malformed TCP packets

Brad Fleming bdfleming at kanren.net
Thu Jan 7 13:18:03 EST 2010

I think it depends how the vulnerability is discovered. If its
discovered by groups that are likely to exploit the issue, I'd prefer
Juniper tell me NOW. If it is discovered internally by Juniper
technicians (or in a trusted customer lab), I'm OK with Juniper fixing
the issue and releasing details 6 months later.

I suppose severity of the exploit is another sliding metric for
whether I want to know immediately or not.

-brad