[j-nsp] upgrading M120 directly from 8.5 to 9.3

Brad Fleming bdfleming at kanren.net
Mon Jan 11 15:41:46 EST 2010

My experience is to always test the upgrade on a spare device;
especially if its an "unsupported" upgrade path. A similar chassis
running the same config will help determine what parts of the config
are likely to change. If possible, I'd suggest attaching your spare
device to your in-service network and make sure services will continue
to work. I know this all seems like a huge pain, but if you're
anything like me you only upgrade software every couple years (unless
there's a major problem).

If you don't have spare gear available, I'd suggest opening a TAC case
and asking for an official, supported upgrade path using software
that's available today. That way if something goes wrong, you already
have a ticket open with the basic info.
--
Brad Fleming