[j-nsp] upgrading M120 directly from 8.5 to 9.3

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 12 08:00:49 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:13:33PM -0600, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> $10 says they just don't want to devote the QA cycles to testing every
> possible combination of every version. Given that QA clearly has better
> things to be doing with their time, I guess I don't mind that much. :)

Their customers would appreciate at least a minimal amount of testing
E-EOL -> E-EOL upgrades.  One should be able to upgrade using
supported release(s) at the time of upgrade, starting on the last day
of E-EOL support for the old release :-)

Anyway, the jinstall upgrades went smoothly from 8.5 to 9.3, including
successful validate.  The M120 has redundant RE's so I only noticed a
minute or two of downtime when I switched mastership.  The M10i I did
also worked fine, but of course took its usual eternity to come up.