[j-nsp] [Fwd: Re: BGP peer's]

a.r.isnaini.rangkayo.st risnaini at netsoft.net.id
Thu Jan 14 00:33:16 EST 2010

Hi,

My understanding is that your international bandwidth cost you more than
local peers.
And local peering is free by exchanging your routes privately using
private peer.

What I have done in my region for : [we have local internet exchange
which is free]

A. Outgoing Traffic :
	- Receive All Local Route & Set local local preference while receiving
all route from upstream ISP or
	- Just Receive All Local Route & Ask your International ISP to Inject a
default route by BGP
           This would give more space on your memory & a simple config.
B. Incoming Traffic :
	- Advertise longer prefix to your local exchange / private peers
           And ask them to be very careful not to re-advertise your
route unless for local exchange route only.
           Or using community which both of you set it up.
	- Advertise same prefixes with prepending prefixes to your ISP Upstream

Please be careful if Internet routes & local routes exchanging in one
router, wrong configuration might cause your router to be used as
'unwanted' traffic transit.

rgs
a. rahman isnaini rangkayo sutan