[j-nsp] IPv6

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Jan 25 00:18:53 EST 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 11:34:21 am Richard A Steenbergen
wrote:

> That would be Brokeade (suppose I have to switch to
>  calling it vendor B now), Farce10 doesn't even earn a
>  spot in my L3 vendor disqualification process. They seem
>  to suck a bit less at L2, but then again who doesn't.

The first time they visited us back in '07, we threw them
out on account of lack of deep Layer 3 and MPLS support. Not
sure how far they've come since then... honestly, life is
hard enough as it is with what we already have. But what do
I know :-)...

> Did you ever try ISIS when they first added it back in
>  7.6 ironware or so? I once got it to use negative
>  metrics, despite having wide-only configured. :)

Apart from the fact that our sister-company's data centre
hosts a major national exchange point based on Brocade's MLX
system, I haven't logged any hours with this platform
outside of some recent labs.

But the "negative metrics" thing sounds pretty exciting :-).

Cheers,

Mark.