[j-nsp] J/SRX and ip fragmentation

Terje Krogdahl terje at krogdahl.net
Tue Jan 26 04:14:04 EST 2010

Depending on wether the SRX was partitioned for dual-root or not (see the release notes: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10/topic-41441.html) you may wish to change the process a bit, as downgrading to 9.6 from 10.0 with dual-root is not possible:

> install tftp://x.x.x.x/newjunosimage.bin

Add the --format keyword:

install --format file:///junos-srxsme-9.6R1.13-domestic.tgz

(the above assumes you have the image on an MS-DOS formatted USB stick).

Having said this, I totally agree that there are a couple of points
where the SRX could use some more ... polishing.

--
Terje Krogdahl

  All roads lead to Rome
     - A clearly confused router (R. Perlman)