[j-nsp] enabling selected directed broadcasts

David B Funk dbfunk at engineering.uiowa.edu
Wed Jan 27 14:15:27 EST 2010

I need to participate in a campus-wide "WOL" project that uses
UDP directed broadcast packets to transport the "magic WOL" info.
I'm running a M120 with JUNOS 9.3R3.8

I've configured my incoming firewall to pass the UDP directed broadcast
packets (which come from a specific IPv4 source and have a specific
destination port) but they don't make it thru the routing engine.

Juniper documentation states "directed broadcast forwarding is disabled by
default", so how do I enable the forwarding and L3->L2 expansion of
selected directed broadcast packets?

Thanks for any help, I havn't found any clues in the Junos docs.
(found info for the EX switches but not for the M-series routers).

Dave Funk

#include <std_disclaimer.h>