[j-nsp] aggregate ethernet

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jan 27 22:48:58 EST 2010

Excerpts from Taqdir Singh's message of Wed Jan 27 19:26:39 -0800 2010:
> Hi Team,
>
>         JUNOS doesn't support layer 2 aggregate ethernet (i mean layer 2
> ether channels ) ?
>
> and how many max links we can combine in junos, in cisco we can combine upto
> 8 ?

I would think this would depend on the platform you're doing this on.
I've tested link aggregation (both with and without LACP as a control
protocol) on the EX and MX platforms.

EX has a limit 12 links per LAG, and a limit of 64 LAGs per virtual
chassis. The Juniper documentation says that the EX8200 can support up
to 256 LAGs, but I can't vouch for it, as I've not used that device
before.

The documentation I can find suggests that all platforms can support up
to 128 LAG interfaces with the right software, with a maximum of 8 links
per bundle.
However, all T-series, M120, M320, MX960, MX480, and MX240 can support
up to 12 links per bundle.

Cheers,
jof