[j-nsp] regd RE

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jan 28 03:15:19 EST 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 01:18:16 pm chandrasekaran iyer
wrote:

>   Can anyone point me to a link or document, that states
>  which RE models can go with the router platforms like
>  M320,m160,m20,t1600 etc. What is RE's memory
>  capacity,CPU speed etc. How many maximum routes each
>  model can hold.

	http://tinyurl.com/yczsb6l
	http://tinyurl.com/yh5doy3
	http://tinyurl.com/yb6m2xn
	http://tinyurl.com/ydzny54
	http://tinyurl.com/ycmpqwb

The information is all there. Please do take the time to
study it.

One thing you will notice, though, is that you currently
can't get larger than 4GB DRAM on the largest RE. That goes
back to the fact that JUNOS is riding on top of a 32-bit
FreeBSD kernel. When they do go 64-bit, we should see
greater memory support.

Cheers,

Mark.