[j-nsp] Managing MX480 fxp0

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:33:13 EDT 2010

            no-readvertise;
        }
        route 192.168.0.0/16 {
            next-hop 10.2.1.1;
            no-readvertise;
        }

.... where 10.2.1.1 is some internal router on your management network, which knows how to get everywhere in your management cloud. RFC1918 stays inside, everything else stays outside. And since you cant go from transit interface to mamagement (fxp0), there's no way to get from public->private and vice versa.

No need for a vrf - assuming that all other IPs in use on the "production" part of the network are real IPs; as JunOS simply wont route from, say, xe-0/0/0.0 to fxp0; but management will be allowed.

Breaks if you tend to use private space on your Production 10G interfaces, tho =)

- Chris.