[j-nsp] mlfr

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Thu Jul 8 12:30:56 EDT 2010

Equipment:
1  Juniper M20 running JunOS 7.5R1.12
2  Cisco 2611 running 12.4.23 IOS
Multiple T1 connections between the above devices

Background: I have read the following literature.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos56/swconfig56-interfaces/html/interfaces-multilink-config25.html

and I have downloaded all the PDFs available on the documentation site and read
all the sections that talk about setting up MLFR

Goal: I need to setup MLFR between the two devices listed above. At this point,
I am simply trying to get the Juniper side configured so I can see the
interfaces involved.

What I have done so far:

Here is an example config from the Juniper

[edit]
jim at X# show chassis fpc 1 pic 2
mlfr-uni-nni-bundles 5;

[edit]
jim at X# show interfaces ls-1/2/0:0
description "Test MLFR interface";
dce;
encapsulation multilink-frame-relay-uni-nni;
unit 16 {
    dlci 16;
    family inet {
        address 66.39.177.129/32 {
            destination 66.39.177.130;
        }
    }
}
unit 17 {
    dlci 17;
    family inet {
        address 10.100.100.1/32 {
            destination 10.100.100.2;
        }
    }
}

[edit]
jim at X# show interfaces t1-1/1/0:0
description "Test MLFR leg (1/2)";
encapsulation multilink-frame-relay-uni-nni;
unit 0 {
    family mlfr-uni-nni {
        bundle ls-1/2/0:0;
    }
}

[edit]
jim at X# show interfaces t1-1/0/0:19
description "Test MLFR leg (2/2)";
encapsulation multilink-frame-relay-uni-nni;
unit 0 {
    family mlfr-uni-nni {
        bundle ls-1/2/0:0;
    }
}

After issuing "commit" the first thing I notice when I exit edit mode is that I
cannot see the device ls-1/2/0:0.  Question: At this point, should I be able to
see the status of the device?  Even if nothing is connected I am guessing, just
like other interfaces that are configured, I should be able to see the status of
that interface.

Also, I have seen two example of doing this.  The first involving the ls-x/x/x:0
interface and the other using lsq-x/x/x:0.  I have tried both.  Didn't change
anything.

Any help would be great!

TIA

--