[j-nsp] mlfr

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Thu Jul 8 15:37:48 EDT 2010

Nilesh Khambal wrote:
> Jim,
>
> What kind of Service PIC are you using for this purpose. Is it Link Services
> PIC or Adaptive Service PIC configured in Layer-2 mode under [edit chassis]?
>
> You need either link services or adaptive service PIC (with L2 mode) to
> create the ls- or lsq- interface.

I found in one other PDF that suggested adding this.  So, now I have this

jim at X> show configuration chassis fpc 1 pic 2
adaptive-services {
    service-package layer-2;
}
mlfr-uni-nni-bundles 5;

Didn't make a difference.

Here is the current status of each T1 interface

jim at X> show interfaces t1-1/1/0:0
Physical interface: t1-1/1/0:0, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 444, SNMP ifIndex: 310
  Link-level type: Multilink-FR-UNI-NNI, MTU: 1518, Clocking: Internal, Speed:
T1, Loopback: None, FCS: 16, Mode: C/Bit parity, Framing: ESF
  Device flags   : Present Running
  Interface flags: Point-To-Point SNMP-Traps Internal: 0x4000
  Link flags     : None
  CoS queues     : 4 supported, 4 in use
  Last flapped   : 2010-07-06 21:09:54 GMT (1d 22:12 ago)
  Input rate     : 0 bps (0 pps)
  Output rate    : 0 bps (0 pps)
  DS1   alarms   : None
  DS3   alarms   : None
  DS1   defects  : None
  DS3   defects  : None

  Logical interface t1-1/1/0:0.0 (Index 394) (SNMP ifIndex 429)
    Flags: Hardware-Down Point-To-Point SNMP-Traps Encapsulation:
Multilink-FR-UNI-NNI
    Protocol mfr, Multilink bundle: lsq-1/2/0:0, MTU: 0
      Flags: None

jim at X> show interfaces t1-1/0/0:19
Physical interface: t1-1/0/0:19, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 501, SNMP ifIndex: 211
  Link-level type: Multilink-FR-UNI-NNI, MTU: 1518, Clocking: Internal, Speed:
T1, Loopback: None, FCS: 16, Mode: C/Bit parity, Framing: ESF
  Device flags   : Present Running
  Interface flags: Point-To-Point SNMP-Traps Internal: 0x4000
  Link flags     : None
  CoS queues     : 4 supported, 4 in use
  Last flapped   : 2010-07-06 21:09:53 GMT (1d 22:12 ago)
  Input rate     : 0 bps (0 pps)
  Output rate    : 0 bps (0 pps)
  DS1   alarms   : None
  DS3   alarms   : None
  DS1   defects  : None
  DS3   defects  : None

  Logical interface t1-1/0/0:19.0 (Index 389) (SNMP ifIndex 625)
    Flags: Hardware-Down Point-To-Point SNMP-Traps Encapsulation:
Multilink-FR-UNI-NNI
    Protocol mfr, Multilink bundle: lsq-1/2/0:0, MTU: 0
      Flags: None

Thanks for the assistance

Jim

--