[j-nsp] mlfr

Nilesh Khambal nkhambal at juniper.net
Thu Jul 8 18:40:07 EDT 2010

Jim,

You need a Physical service PIC in slot 1/2 (or 1/3 as per your below
comment) to do ls- or lsq-. On J-series platform these interfaces are
created by software but on M20, you need a physical service PIC (either Link
Services or Adaptive Services configured with layer-2 package) to get ls- or
lsq- interface respectively.

How are you using Multilink PIC ins FPC slot 2 PIC slot 0? Can you check
with below command if it has ls- interfaces created on the router with this
multilink PIC?

- show interface terse ls-2/0/0*

Please remove the configuration under [edit chassis] for FPC 1 PIC 2 (or PIC
3). It will not work.

Thanks,
Nilesh.