[j-nsp] Force ports with only RX connected to UP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jul 11 05:48:35 EDT 2010

On 07/11/2010 12:05 AM, John Wilkes wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Phil Mayers<p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> Your direct test I would expect to fail; pulling the TX fibre will cause the
>> far end to signal fault and bring the entire link down.
>
> Yes, the far end. But I meant I connected both TX and RX between two ports.
> That made them both come up (of course). But when I pulled just one TX
> they both went down.

As far as I understand it, that is expected if autoneg is enabled. If
you pull the TX link on switch A, switch B will see the loss of light,
signal link-fail, and switch A will then put its link down.

Anyway, it sounds like you've covered the obvious things, and if it
works with other vendors, I guess it's something specific to the EX.
Can't help there, sorry.