[j-nsp] MS-DPC and netflow.

Peter Krupl Peter.Krupl at siminn.dk
Thu Jul 15 04:58:51 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

Im at a complete loss regarding this issue. And the documentation at J is
a bad mess of RE based flow sampling, and M series stuff mixed with
MX/MS-DPC stuff.

1 .Do I need to prep the MS-DPC more than ? :
aggregated-devices {
    ethernet {
        device-count 1;
    }
}
fpc 1 {
    pic 0 {
        adaptive-services {
            service-package layer-3;
        }
    }
    pic 1 {
        adaptive-services {
            service-package layer-3;
        }
    }
}
network-services ip;

2. Anyone has a working configuration for netflow v9 on MX ?

3. And what is the purpose of the source address statement under / forwarding-options/output/interface,
where is this address used ?

Im running 10.1R1.8 and the suggested config in the docs for 10.1 gives me a
deprecated warning.

Here is my config:

forwarding-options {
    sampling {
        input {
            family inet {
                rate 1;
            }
            family mpls {
                rate 1;
            }
        }
        output { ## Warning: 'output' is deprecated
            flow-inactive-timeout 30;
            flow-active-timeout 60;
            flow-server 213.173.238.14 {
                port 9990;