[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:48:29 EDT 2010

I think you should actually give the renaming of the binary a go. If you
rename flowd (or name of process using memory), it wont be found and loaded
on next boot. Obviously this is a hack and not what you want to be relying
on in a production network, but if it solves the issue then good. That and
hassle Juniper about a longer term solution.

The other solution is to remove the statement that causes the daemon to load
on boot, but I cant remember where that is and what loads it (init / rc?).

Killing the process first will let you check if there are any other side
effects.