[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:23:21 EDT 2010

Chris - Sorry I didnt realise the process had changed names and we are
actually talking about the forwarding process itself. In that case, the only
other thing I can think of right now is:
When the forwarding process starts, it allocates the 400Mb+ for these
tables. The question is if the forwarding process is making a decision based
on the configuration *before* the point of memory allocation as to if the
allocation is required.

This is what you need to know from Juniper engineers / dev team. It probably
wasn't written that way, and if not it makes searching for configuration
statements to achieve the goal pointless!!
(It's highly unlikely that they coded deallocation functions for those
structs. Much simpler to just restart a process..)

Please let me know how you go with this - its an interesting problem!