[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Jul 22 15:29:12 EDT 2010

> > IMO Juniper has royally screwed up in the small router/CPE market.
> > One can hope that they won't perform similar stunts on the M/MX/T
> > series.
>
> There's absolutely no reason why this would be considered. The fact that you
> would make that statement leads me to believe that people might not
> understand why the SRX product line was created in the first place.

I have no problems with the SRX product line - it has been sold as a
security device from day one.

I *had* some hopes for the J series to compete with Cisco in the
general small router/CPE market. And certainly the J series was sold
as such, at least in the beginning. The fact that the original JunOS
(without flow mode etc) is now a dead end on the J series means that
for us the whole J series is a dead end - and our small router/CPE
business currently mostly goes to Cisco.

We have 3 J2320 routers in our lab, which are nice to use for JunOS
training and similar. No new J series purchases are expected...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no