[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Jul 23 04:05:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:03:18AM +0400, Pavel Lunin wrote:
> But excuse me. The way we discuss it here reminds me those teenager-style
> web-forums where they have been talking 'windows-must-die' for last 15
> years. Everyone just thinks it's his duty to claim 'junos is so buggy, so
> buggy! I am going to buy cisco! Do you hear? I am going to buy cisco!' I
> think, almost everyone here picks the best (in his opinion) products of
> different vendors, isn't it normal? Let's be honest, people in cisco-nsp
> have not less reasons to turn the list into a holy-war platform, but they
> manage to not.

As I've said before, he reason it's so disappointing to see what has
become of JUNOS is that it used to be so much better by comparison. I
have nothing against Juniper, I love Juniper, and I'm very VERY sad that
I've somehow found myself running IOS lite. I'm still buying Juniper
products, and I'm still hopeful that things will get better, but the
very real and objective facts are that a) Juniper left J-series in a
broken and in many cases unusable state before they abandoned
development, and b) they screwed a lot of customers in the process.
Eventually they will run out of goodwill and start losing business
because of it, and that kind of thing can be very hard to undo.