[j-nsp] SRX3400/3600 Stabie Code Recommendations?

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Sat Jul 24 09:28:21 EDT 2010

There have been a number of views expressed recently on the list regarding
the SRX and Junos code buggines and instability.  I am wondering if a lot
of the issues are related to specific platforms.  Specifically, I am
curious to know about the reliability of some of the smaller data center
models, namely the 3400 and 3600.  Are there any stable code
recommendations to make regarding these data center platforms?  Are there
any particularly noteworthy code revs that one should stay away from?

I tested the 3400 with flavors of 10.0 for an evaluation recently and it
performed pretty well, but I did not bang on it as much as I wanted.

I find it interesting to say the least that Juniper officially does not
recommend (or even make available for the lower end) the latest 10.2R1 for
any of their SRX products, including the higher end models.  And it has
been two months now and no maintenance release.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)
Williamsburg VA 23187