[j-nsp] SRX for access/core routing/MPLS duties?

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:43:32 EDT 2010

BGP is slow.  Painfully so.

I have 2x SRX3400 in a chassis cluster config getting 2 full BGP tables.  I
would say it takes at least 5 minutes for the BGP updates to complete and
for the device to be usable.

IPv6 support will be in 10.2 for SRX3400 and higher.  10.2R1 exists today
but has a number of interesting bugs.

I wouldn't really recommend this device as a router.  I just purchased some
MX240s to take over the routing role from my SRX3400s.

Scott