[j-nsp] Traffic Engineering via LSP

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Thu Jul 29 15:25:02 EDT 2010

Gabriel,

> I need to do traffic engineering in backbone IP/MPLS from point A to point
> B, but just need some prefixes, part of the traffic is sent via TE and I'm
> seeing all traffic exiting via TE from point A to B. *What do I need to send
> only the prefix 10.152.42.0/25 via TE and not all traffic*?

juniper's default policy is this:

for all active BGP routes, if there is an LDP- or RSVP-signaled LSP to
the BGP next hop - use it.

And I suppose you're experiencing this default behaviour. Working around
this is not so simple - one option might be to give the remote end a
second loopback address (that is not normally used as bgp next hop) and
then build the LSP to that secondary address. That should keep your
normal BGP traffic out of the LSP.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz; maximal 0,42 EUR/Min. aus
den dt. Mobilfunknetzen