[j-nsp] LS to LSQ Interfaces

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 30 14:10:34 EDT 2010

Once upon a time, Brad Fleming <bdflemin at gmail.com> said:
> Unfortunately we access these devices over the MLPPP bundle. So the
> bundle needs to be up for us to issue that command or the upgrade /
> reboot command.

Your best bet would be to directly edit /config/juniper.conf.gz.  Either
transfer the file off the router, edit it, and put it back, or drop to a
shell, gunzip it, vi it, gzip it.  Don't do any commits after that; the
next thing you should do is upgrade JUNOS.

Unfortunately, there isn't much of a fall-back.  You could make the
current config the rescue config, and then if there's a problem with the
upgrade, have somebody hold the button on the front the right amount of
time to roll to the rescue config.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>