[j-nsp] Solarwinds Monitoring Problem

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Sun Jun 6 11:17:15 EDT 2010

Thank you... unless I'm reading it wrong it looks ok:

icmp:
         0 drops due to rate limit
         67129 calls to icmp_error
         0 errors not generated because old message was icmp
         Output Histogram
                 53894 echo reply
                 67129 destination unreachable
         0 messages with bad code fields
         0 messages less than the minimum length
         35 messages with bad checksum
         0 messages with bad source address
         1 messages with bad length
         0 echo drops with broadcast or multicast destinaton address
         0 timestamp drops with broadcast or multicast destination address
         Input Histogram
                 20 echo reply
                 248 destination unreachable
                 53894 echo
                 58 time exceeded
         53894 message responses generated

Is there default rate limiting of ICMP traffic in JunOS?

Take care,
Paul