[j-nsp] SYN Flood SNMP Filtering

Brad Fleming bdflemin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:53:39 EDT 2010

>> We're getting ~38K SNMP traps regarding SYN floods from all points
>> on the Internet to our monitoring system.
>
> How about resolving the issue by mitigating the SYN-floods, which
> are the real problem?

No money to do so at this point; we have the hardware and software in-
hand and that's it. Charity+budget cuts and all that...

I don't believe the SSG does SYN proxy'ing, correct?

I am interested how to mitigate a SYN flood properly though. Perhaps I
can build a case for upgrades next budget year. Any suggestions,
directions, insights, etc are appreciated. :D