[j-nsp] Solarwinds Monitoring Problem

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Jun 10 06:49:16 EDT 2010

Thanks to everyone for their help on this...

We've proven it back to a Solarwinds issue we feel.  It's happened two more
times on two additional EX switches, which at first glance would really
point the finger at a JunOS related issue - BUT, when I do a restart on the
Windows 2008 server hosting the Solarwinds system you are able to start
pinging these devices no problem.

It's not 100% conclusive but considering I can ping these EX switches from
any other location while Solarwinds is reporting them as down has had me
puzzled..

Thanks again for everyone's input.. appreciate it...

Paul