[j-nsp] Juniper don't start

David DeSimone fox at verio.net
Fri Jun 11 03:34:29 EDT 2010

Onam Rubio <onamrubio at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My juniper M10 doesn't start.
> I tried to boot from CF, HD, PCMCIA but always show the same error.
>
> PXE-M04: Initializing network boot device using interrupt 18h.....
> PXE-M04: Initializing network boot device using interrupt 18h.....
>
> PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.
> PXE-M0F: Exiting LANDesk (R) Service Agent II

If it is not even trying to boot from CF or HD, they may have been
disabled due to failure modes being detected.  JUNOS will remove them
from the boot list to prevent the system from hanging on next boot,
though I have never seen both CF and HD removed from the boot list.

You would have to escape into BIOS settings on the serial console and
then re-enable the CF and HD boot options, and then try again.

David DeSimone == Network Admin == fox at verio.net
  "I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I
   liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it." -- Clarence Darrow

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.