[j-nsp] VPN C-RP for MP-BGP-based MVPN's (NG-MVPN's)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Jun 11 13:38:34 EDT 2010

So just for the archives:

Use of MSDP to generate Type 5 (and subsequently, Type 7)
Multicast routes in an NG-MVPN is badly broken in JUNOS 8.5.

A PR exists (it's currently being made public, will advise
when it comes through) and this issue has been officially
fixed in (I haven't tested):

	* 10.0R3
	* 10.1R2
	* 10.2R1
	* 10.3R1

I'm going to be testing a backport fix to JUNOS 8.5 as soon
as I can find a "victim" router in the network.

Moving forward, it'd probably make sense for anyone
interested in dynamic (S,G) learning to consider native VPN
C-RP support in JUNOS 10.0R2 or later. But YMMV.

Cheers,

Mark.