[j-nsp] VPLS label allocation

David water dwater2010 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:22:01 EDT 2010

Can some one point me to the easy calculation document for RFC4761 label
allocation technique? its very confusing.

To my understanding site-offset + label-range should cover the remote site
id

So if remote site id is 30 then site-offset should be 24 and range should be
8 which covers the range from 24 to 31 where this range does cover the
remote site id of 30. And label value will be label-base + offset - remote
site id.

For remote site id of 4 offset should be 1 and range should be 8.

--
David W.