[j-nsp] EX 4200 stability with BGP and OSPF redistribution ?

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Tue Jun 22 04:36:55 EDT 2010

On 22/06/10 18:13, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> With a healthy dose of complex commit scripts you can get an MX commit
> time up to 20 seconds in no time flat. Well at least you could, I
> noticed they did something in 9.6 to make it a lot faster (at least for
> me, with commit sync, etc). EX on the other hand can get to a 30 sec
> config with half the number of commit scripts and a much smaller config.
> Of course if you really want suffering try SRX, which takes 30 seconds
> to commit a nearly blank config. :)

I had a J6350 last night take over 10 minutes to commit.

Under heavy BGP load, and although it won't admit it I strongly believe
heavy memory pressures (two full feeds, plus four other feeds totalling
~50k routes on a 1GB system in 10.0R2, RAM has been ordered and the
second full feed turned off).

--
Julien Goodwin
Studio442