[j-nsp] Crashing M5 with some log regarding the hard drive

Marcin Kucharczyk m.kucharczyk at net.icm.edu.pl
Tue Jun 29 05:17:35 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 29 of June 2010 10:48:30 Thomas Eichhorn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a M5 which is currently rebooting almost exactly all 4 hours with
> the following log:
>
> Jun 29 08:39:45  r1 savecore: reboot after panic: ad_ioctl:1277800528: ad1:
> Standby not armed but state is invalid: state="ARMED" Jun 29 08:39:45  r1
> /kernel: savecore: reboot after panic: ad_ioctl:1277800528: ad1: Standby
> not armed but state is invalid: state="ARMED"
>
> I know that somebody has seen this on M7i some time ago - but did not got
> an anwser..
>
> I run that box with 9.3R4.4 and have updated also the CF-card - but the
> harddrive is the one which has been where for almost ever and never made
> such problems..
>
> Any clue?

Hi,
we got answer from Aditya mahale:
"This looks like a issue with adaptive standby for hard drive. Please open a
JTAC case"

Unfortunately our support for this router has finished. We replaced
problematic HDD but it didn't help. Finally we removed HDD and currently
router
runs on CF only.

We have another M7i where CF was replaced and software was upgraded but there
are no problems.

Regards,
Marcin Kucharczyk
--
Marcin Kucharczyk               Dział Sieciowy ICM, Uniwersytet Warszawski
m.kucharczyk at net.icm.edu.pl     (+48-22) 5520527, 8268009, fax. 8284195