[j-nsp] Stripping off BGP Prepends

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jun 29 22:19:06 EDT 2010

Hi there..

Some of you might get a chuckle out of this...  Have a customer who called
and wants us to strip off their prepends they are padding in their BGP
session with us.  They are padding their AS number 6 times and now the
traffic levels are getting too large with their other upstream provider.

Obviously I asked - umm... why don't *you* change it?  Their answer was that
a consultant set this up for them and he's on holidays this week....
yikes...

Anyways, JunOS on MX series - Do this in an import policy?  I'm looking for
something that says "AS numbers in path only allowed once" for simplicity
sake I think....

Thanks for any input ;)

Paul