[j-nsp] P2MP LSP

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jun 30 06:08:54 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 03:38:45 am Humair Ali wrote:

> i think most implementation use inclusive P-tunnels, as
>  it easier to manage but I personnaly think it add more
>  burden on the network.

I'm positive you're already familiar with all this, but just
for the archives:

Inclusive trees eliminate the need for too much state in the
core, but requires that all Receiver PE routers are aware
about the Multicast infrastructure regardless of whether
they have downstream listeners or not.

Selective trees are the exact opposite. You can choose which
Receiver PE routers will handle Multicast information so
only interested receivers attract traffic to the right
Receiver PE routers, but it increases the amount of state in
the core.

I would really like to see how mLDP plays into this whole
mix.

Cheers,

Mark.