[j-nsp] JUNOS and MX Trio cards

Joe Hughes joeyconcrete at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:27:26 EDT 2010

On 30 June 2010 15:49, Chris Evans <chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way that someone could tell me how to reproduce the stalled
> route issue?  How do I see if is happening etc?
>
> We are about to purchase some mx's to replace our m series and would love to
> nail this.

The question of stability (or lack of) is of interest to me.

I began an exercise a few months back researching the options
available to replace some of our Cisco gear with Juniper. At the time
- it was looking like a combination of the M7i and the EX series
switches - but since learning the EX has limitations in regard to MPLS
and the fact the M7i is getting old - the MX looked a perfect
candidate; decent port density with sufficient horsepower. Despite the
attractiveness of the platform, I'm not sure I could cope with the
sleepless nights.