[j-nsp] [port mirrorong M320]

Chen Jiang ilovebgp4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:45:58 EST 2010

hi!

This is a example for L3 mirror:

1.Define  Port-Mirror Properties

forwarding-options {

port-mirroring {

        input {

            rate 1;

        }

        family inet {

            output {

                interface ge-2/0/3.0 {                       #define output
interface

                    next-hop 192.168.100.1;              #define destination
host

                }

            }

        }

    }
}

2.Define Firewall filter to mirror

firewall {

    family inet {

        filter l3-mirror {

            term 10 {

                then {

                    port-mirror;

                    accept;

                }

            }

        }

    }
}

3. Apply fireall filter in source interafce that need be mirrored

 interfaces {

    ge-2/0/0 {

        unit 0 {

            family inet {

                filter {

                    input l3-mirror;

                    output l3-mirror;

                }

                address 192.168.0.2/30;

            }

        }

    }

 On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Ibariouen Khalid <
ibariouen.khalid at ericsson.com> wrote:

> Dear community
>
> i have a question regarding port mirroring on juniper router;
> I'll be implementing port mirroring on M320 router forever ( I mean the
> mirroring will stay configured for ever ), this router is handling around
> 2.5G of traffic ; does the mirroring impact the performance of the router as
> it is mentioned in some documents ?
> I'll appreciate if some can send me a template of a configuration.
> Regards/

BR!

          James Chen