[j-nsp] Prioritizing LSPs for a special routing instance

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:52:56 EST 2010

> Hello Community,
>
> For testing purposes I need to force the traffic to take a the secondary
> LSP between two routers instead of the direct path. I need to do this
> only for one routing instance.
>
> It is possible to do this ? and How?

Not exactly what you asked about, but you can force a routing instance to
use a different LSP like this:

policy-statement lsp-mapper {
	term 1 {
    		from {
        		rib bgp.l3vpn.0;
        		community use-lsp;
    		}
    		then {
        		install-nexthop strict lsp lsp;
        		accept;
    		}
	}
	term 2 {
    		from rib bgp.l3vpn.0;
    		then {
        		install-nexthop strict except lsp lsp;
        		accept;
    		}
	}
}

set routing-options forwarding-table export lsp-mapper

The LSP named "lsp" will be used for routes with the "use-lsp" community,
which can be set by the VRF's export policy on the originating router.  All
other routes will use anything except "lsp".

I doubt it's possible to have a VRF use a given LSP's secondary path.

-Terry