[j-nsp] completely disable session (flow) in netscreen

Tim Eberhard xmin0s at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 02:11:08 EST 2010

To deal with asymmetric routing problems you can disable tcp-syn-checking.
That will disable the stateful enforcement (and greatly weaken security of
the box). I'd also ensure you disable syn-checking in the tunnel (since
you're using ipsec tunnels).

Beyond that, write your policy bi-directionally ensuring any side can create
the session and that should fit your needs. Even if the session times out
with syn-checking disabled and it's permitted by policy it will be instantly
recreated with the next packet.

Hope this helps,
-Tim Eberhard