[j-nsp] local switching l2circuit not passing traffic

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri Mar 12 09:34:38 EST 2010

I have what I thought was a pretty simple config - Two VLANs on two GigE
interfaces, on a MX240 running 9.4R2.9 which are cross-connected within
the MX using a l2circuit.

If I remove the 'vlan-ccc' encap from the units and assign an IP, we can
ping to something on the other end - So at least we know end-to-end
works on both interfaces. Once it's reassembled as a l2circuit, there is
no connectivity between the two end points. I'm sure it's something
pretty elementary, but I can't determine what it is. Is there a way to
sniff or capture traffic on the l2circuit to see what is going on?

Config and 'sh l2circuit connections' is below.

  Local Switch ge-1/0/5.3525
     Interface                 Type  St     Time last up          # Up trans
     ge-1/0/5.3525(vc 0)       loc   Up     Mar 11 12:48:35 2010           1
       Local interface: ge-1/0/5.3525, Status: Up, Encapsulation: VLAN
       Local interface: ge-1/0/3.1701, Status: Up, Encapsulation: VLAN

dcoulson at ar2-re0.kth.clev.oh> show configuration interfaces ge-1/0/5
per-unit-scheduler;
vlan-tagging;
speed 1g;
link-mode full-duplex;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
gigether-options {
     no-auto-negotiation;
}
unit 3525 {
     encapsulation vlan-ccc;
     vlan-id 3525;
     family ccc;
}

dcoulson at ar2-re0.kth.clev.oh> ... configuration interfaces ge-1/0/3
per-unit-scheduler;
vlan-tagging;
speed 1g;
link-mode full-duplex;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
gigether-options {
     no-auto-negotiation;
}
unit 1700 {