[j-nsp] RFC2544 on Juniper MX960 10G ports

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:48:58 EDT 2010

So we obtained a MX480 to eval in our lab with the 2 x 10GigE and 20x GigE
DPC-R card.. I did a simple 64byte line rate test and got somewhat similar
results.. I could only run about 94.75% line rate (using an IXIA appliance)
with full-duplex flows @ 64byte frame size. In a L2 config it was even
worse, I could only get about 53% line rate before drops started..

I have a JTAC case open on it and thye state that this is a known PR and
should have been fixed in 9.6R3 which I am testing. The PR# is 469135. I
tested the same test on an EX4200 and had no packet loss. Now it's just
getting JTAC to believe the issue is there..