[j-nsp] EX 8200 deployment

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 17:31:36 EDT 2010

Richard,

I agree with you with the EX platform.. It's really buggy. I personally
think that Juniper is moving too slow bringing new features and bug fixes to
the platform.. We're deploying the new Cisco Nexus platforms in our data
centers at this point. Cisco is moving at light speed with these platforms,
while Juniper is crawling to bring their aging boxes into the lime light
left by the Cisco Cat6500 days.

On another note. I know you're upset about the limit on the routing that the
EX series can do, but a better question is why are you using this box for
that high end routing solution? In my opinion, the EX's 8200's are a switch
built for the data center, they shouldn't require much more than a default
route and/or a few hundred routes to your core.

Discussion?