[j-nsp] logical routers on M10i

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Mar 22 12:37:05 EDT 2010

Our AS II PIC provides tunnel services, even when running in layer-2 mode:

user at router1-re0> show chassis hardware detail | match "PIC 3"
  PIC 3          REV 03   750-012924   xxxxx         AS2 Layer-2 Services

user at router1-re0> show interfaces lt-0/2/0
Physical interface: lt-0/2/0, Enabled, Physical link is Up

This is in an M20 w/ FPC-E.  However, in our M10i, it doesn't work and you might have to enable 'layer-2-3' or 'layer-3' for that PIC for lt functionality (sorry, can't risk trying it myself on production equipment :-) ):

set chassis fpc X pic X adaptive-services service-package [ layer-2-3 layer-3 ]

-evt