[j-nsp] SRX deployment / issues

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Tue Mar 23 08:10:08 EDT 2010

I've had some serious issues with both my SRX 210 and 2x240s.

The SRX210 I have here at home was having all kinds of issues reconnecting if there was an ADSL drop. A restart routing command would fix this. This issue seems to have been mostly fixed in 10.0R2 and 10.1R1.

The pair of SRX240s on the other hand are still having issues. I recently setup a cluster with 10.1R1 which was all working fine in the lab, but after 10 ours of production all traffic simply stopped. I've logged into the devices via the console and cannot find any errors. No idea what is going on here. Not to mention the issues with ethernet switching and clustering...

Oh and no support for packet based traffic in clusters, so no IPv6 at all.

The older SSG line will have to keep me going until juniper fix some of these issues!

Michael.